GENERAL INFORMATION OF THE COMMITTEE FOR ENVIRONMENTAL PROTECTION UNDER THE GOVERNMENT OF THE REPUBLIC OF TAJIKISTAN
The Committee for Environmental Protection under the Government of the Republic of Tajikistan is the central body of the executive power of the Republic of Tajikistan and is involved in the implementation of a unified state policy in the field of environment protection, participates in the rational use of natural resources and exercises state control over the protection of the environment and the use of nature.
MAIN FUNCTIONS OF THE COMMITTEE
- promotion of a unified state environmental policy in the field of environmental protection, management of natural resource use, including the protection of nature, meteorology, prevention of the causes of emergencies that contribute to biodiversity, sustainable organic pollutants, climate change.
- State control over the protection and efficient use of flora and fauna, fish stocks, hunting farms, specially protected natural areas, tourist routes, forests, water resources, atmospheric air, land and subsoil, common minerals, chemicals and substances, wastes and recyclable products, compliance with environmental and biological safety standards, fuel quality, sustainable organic pollutants and compliance with environmental norms and standards.
- determination of efficiency, conformity and feasibility of activity of object under examination to ecological requirements and prevention of negative consequences of the impact on the environment, giving objective and well-grounded scientific conclusions.
- restoration of ecosystems and rare species of plants and animals, regulation and development of ecological tourism.
- organization and conduct of ecological monitoring, forecasting and regular study of the state of the environment, weather, glaciers, lakes and reservoirs, analysis of the occurrence and course of natural disasters.
- conducting scientific research and studies on environmental issues, rational use of natural resources, biodiversity, water resources, fish and climate change.
- develop and facilitate the implementation of national and regional programs, strategies and plans for environmental protection, their improvement.
- development and implementation of measures aimed at the protection and improvement of the environment, rational use of natural resources, water conservation, recreational areas, natural complexes and natural facilities of special scientific, cultural and recreational significance.
- coordinating and ensuring the implementation of conventions and agreements on environmental protection and use of natural resources undertaken by the Republic of Tajikistan.
- recruitment and dismissal of employees in accordance with the legislation, certification, protection of privileges of civil servants, taking measures to improve and raise the level of knowledge of employees.
- raising public awareness and environmental education through the media.