Sector Objectives and Functions
1. Coordinate and supervise the external activities of the Committee.
2. Development and preparation of state investment programs, grants in the field of environmental protection to attract foreign investment.
3. Submission of investment projects and action plans in the field of environmental protection. Determination of priority investment projects in the industry and coordination of the implementation of investment projects.
4. In cooperation with the Ministry of Economic Development and Trade of the Republic of Tajikistan, the State Committee on Investments and State Property Management of the Republic of Tajikistan, participates in the selection of investment projects financed under the guarantees of the Government of the Republic of Tajikistan.
5. Development of proposals on improving the mechanism for attracting foreign investments into the industry and their placement on the territory of the country, their coordination and implementation.
6. Cooperation with international financial and humanitarian organizations in investing the environmental protection sector.
7. Organization of work with international economic organizations, foreign companies and organizations in the field of attracting independent capital.
8. Joint participation with ministries and departments of the country in the development of draft laws on economic and foreign economic activity and improvement of the investment climate.
9. Prepare analytical data on foreign investment in the industry.
10. Preparation and development of draft agreements in the field of environmental protection with foreign countries.
11. Ensuring the policy of economic and foreign strategy in the field of environmental protection arising from international treaties and agreements of the Republic of Tajikistan.
12. Participation in the work of national and intergovernmental commissions, conferences, congresses, symposia, seminars and meetings on economic and foreign activities, joint ventures, training of specialists, foreign investment, grants and technical assistance in the field of environmental protection.
13. Implementation of organizational arrangements in the Committee for hosting the foreign guests (representatives of the diplomatic corps, foreign financial institutions, foreign economic organizations, investors and other foreign companies). Tajikistan approved the Basel Convention on the Control of Transboundary Movements of Hazardous Wastes and their Disposal.