General Description of task(s) and objectives to be achieved
PURPOSE OF THE ASSIGNMENT
The GCF Readiness and Support Program: Green, Resilient Recovery in Energy and Agriculture sectors in Tajikistan will lay the foundation for the development of a National Strategy for Green Resilient Recovery of Tajikistan. Based on the already approved strategies and on the preliminary stakeholder consultations, it is expected that a Concept Note of the Funding Proposal will be developed in frame of this project.
The project has following objectives:
1. Development of the two National strategies/programmes on green resilient recovery in agriculture and energy sectors with a focus on opportunities for most vulnerable rural communities. The strategies will complement the currently elaborated NAP and will highlight measures to restore the adaptive capacities following the pandemic and propose the recovery measures through the utilization of green and climate-smart technologies in both sectors. Carbon credit market and subsidy schemes at the national level will be considered as recovery measures for supporting energy efficiency schemes and adaptation in agriculture in rural areas.
2. Develop recommendations and market models for the creation of carbon trading as part of green recovery measures in the energy and agriculture sectors.
3. Pipeline development to support the implementation of NCCAS and enhance adaptive capacities and recovery following the pandemic, including the development of two concept notes (in the agriculture and energy sectors) that will target rural communities and assist with the development of low-carbon and climate-resilient technologies.
Projects' main beneficiaries are families and farmers living in rural areas, other beneficiaries include private companies in the energy sector, etc.
The lifespan of the project is 18 months and starts on March 2022.
Duration of assignment : 100 working days until June 2023
The project will be managed (refer to Budget Project Management – PM) by a Local Consultant (Project Manager) in close cooperation with International Consultant
Particularly, the Local consultant will perform the following concrete tasks:
· Assistance to International consultant in Work Plan development based on the projects’ Implementation Plan
· Work on the literature review for the intinial analysis. Deliverable 22.214.171.124.: Diagnostic analysis report on impacts and opportunities building on preliminary assumptions that the water security is key in tackling the impact of the COVID19 pandemic on vulnerable sectors impacted by the pandemic the most (energy, agriculture…). Verification of the selected area for the potential GCF project
· Assistance on required data collection from local institutions including following data: GDP constant 2015 USD, agriculture value added constant 2015 USD, manufacturing value added constant 2015 USD, services value added constant 2015 USD, Energy sector value added constant 2015 USD, Non renewable resources value added constant 2015 USD, Trade Openness, Inflation, and Exchange Rate, crop yield; precipitation; temperatures; land cover or forestry; fertilizers;. Monthly data are required (if they are not available, then quarterly dataset can be used). Deliverable 126.96.36.199
· Assistance to international experts with data processing; Derivable 188.8.131.52 and Deliverable 184.108.40.206.: Report on the outcomes of the stakeholder interviews, specification of involved variables for economic and fiscal modelling
· Communication and cooperation with local institutions and stakeholders; Derivables 220.127.116.11., 18.104.22.168, and 22.214.171.124
· Assistance to determine investments gaps, reports preparation; Deliverable 126.96.36.199
· Project management on daily basis including logistics, communication with experts, and Steering Committee
· Participation on the main events in close cooperation with an international consultant
· Management and supervision of the development of the Deliverables
· Preparation of the project reports drafts; Deliverable 188.8.131.52.: Report(s) of consultation workshops and list(s) of participants demonstrating a balance of stakeholders, which includes women, civil society and private sector participants
· Participation of proposal for National strategy for green resilient recovery targeting energy and agriculture sectors; Deliverable 184.108.40.206.: Two policy documents targeting green resilient recovery in energy and agriculture sectors will be developed and endorsed
· Assistance with concept note for following deliverables: Deliverable 220.127.116.11.: Climate finance investment gaps report for agriculture sector which will also include a Systemic review of the existing investments in the energy sector, including desk research and interviews with other donors and both public and private funders who are active in the sector.; Deliverable 18.104.22.168.: Climate finance investment gaps report for energy sector, including an estimation of necessary private sector investment.; Deliverable 22.214.171.124: Two pre-feasibility study reports for each of the project idea, including an estimation of necessary private sector investment
· Implemetation the results to two draft concept notes matched to AEs; Deliverable 126.96.36.199(D12)
· Participation on validation workshop; Deliverable 188.8.131.52(D13): Validation workshop report; and two completed Concept Notes
· Cooperation with the project financial manager and general supervision of the project financial management according to the International consultant guidance
Personnel concept – required expert’s qualification
- Education/training: University qualification (Bachelor) in a university degree in Economic modelling, econometrics, statistics, natural resource economics, statistics, or other relevant fields
- Language: Good business language skills in English and a good level of Russian language (reading, speaking)
- Specific professional experience: 3 years of experience in econometric modelling, statistic data processing, or research in environmental economics.
- 2 years experience with GCF Readiness. Further, the consultant must be familiar with UNFCCC and the corresponding Paris Agreement and its requirements, specifically on the currently being updated Nationally Determined Contributions. Experience with GCF readiness proposal development is highly desired.
- Leadership/management experience: 5 years of management/leadership experience.
- Development Cooperation (DC) experience: 5 years of experience in DC projects, contribution to processes related to international agreements and conventions, e.g. UNFCCC, Paris agreement; etc
- Other: Experience in organizing participatory processes and contribution to processes related to international agreements and conventions, e.g. UNFCCC, engagement of a wide range of stakeholders from the government, civil society, academia, and the private sector.
CVs with a cover letter with an indication of the position should be delivered to the address below by 17:00 (local time) May 20, 2022.
- Committee for Environmental Protection under the Government of the Republic of Tajikistan, 5 str.Shamsi, Dushanbe, 3rd floor, room #14
- Тел.: +992 235 44 36
key performance indicators
Required Completion Date:
1. Work Plan development, Data acquisition; Deliverable 184.108.40.206
2. Diagnostic test of key variables and report; Deliverable 220.127.116.11
3. Output discussion with stakeholders; Deliveralbe 18.104.22.168
4. Participation on interim report and workshop; Deliveralbe 22.214.171.124
5. Support for maiking National strategy for green resilient recovery targeting energy and agriculture sectors; Deliverable 126.96.36.199
6. Cooperation on climate finance investment gaps report for energy sector; Deliverable 188.8.131.52
7. Cooperation on climate finance investment gaps report for agriculture sector; Deliverable 184.108.40.206
8. Assistance with two pre-feasibility study reports for each of the project idea; Deliverable 220.127.116.11
9. Cooperation on draft concept notes matched to Aes; Deliverable 18.104.22.168
10. Assistance on output implementation, and development of the GCF Concept note; Deliverable 22.214.171.124
11. Experts’ ToRs development
12. Completion report
1. By July 31, 2022
2. By July 31, 2022
3. By September 30, 2022
4. By November 30, 2022
5. By January 31, 2023
6. By January 31, 2023
7. By April 30, 2023
8. By May 31, 2023
9. By June 30, 2023
10. By July 31, 2023