Green, Resilient Recovery in Energy and Agriculture sectors in Tajikistan
General Description of task(s) and objectives to be achieved
PURPOSE OF THE ASSIGNMENT
The GCF Readiness and Support Project Green, Resilient Recovery in Energy and Agriculture sectors in Tajikistan will contribute to green recovery in two priority climate change sectors, which are also of key importance to rural communities and livelihoods, i.e. energy and agriculture. The project is implemented by Committee for Environmental Protection under the Government of the Republic of Tajikistan (CEP).
The project has following objectives:
1. Development of the two National strategies/programmes on green resilient recovery in agriculture and energy sectors with a focus on opportunities for most vulnerable rural communities. The strategies will complement the currently elaborated NAP and will highlight measures to restore the adaptive capacities following the pandemic and propose the recovery measures through the utilization of green and climate-smart technologies in both sectors. Carbon credit market and subsidy schemes at the national level will be considered as recovery measures for supporting energy efficiency schemes and adaptation in agriculture in rural areas.
2. Develop recommendations and market models for the creation of carbon trading as part of green recovery measures in the energy and agriculture sectors.
3. Pipeline development to support the implementation of NCCAS and enhance adaptive capacities and recovery following the pandemic, including the development of two concept notes (in the agriculture and energy sectors) that will target rural communities and assist with the development of low-carbon and climate-resilient technologies.
Projects' main beneficiaries are families and farmers living in rural areas, other beneficiaries include private companies in the energy sector, etc.
The lifespan of the project is 18 months and starts on March 2022.
Duration of assignment : 100 working days until June 2023
The project will be managed (refer to Budget Project Management – PM) by a Local Consultant (Project Manager) in close cooperation with International Consultant.
Particularly, the International consultant will perform the following concrete tasks:
Activity 188.8.131.52 Systemic review of the existing investments in the energy sector, including desk research and interviews with other donors and both public and private funders who are active in the sector
Activity 184.108.40.206 Systemic review of the existing investments in the agriculture sector, including desk research and interviews with other donors and both public and private funders who are active in the sector
Activity 220.127.116.11: Scope two project ideas in the energy and agriculture sectors in line with policy recommendations under Output 2.2.2 and 2.4.1; and 4.1.1; and conduct initial social, economic and technical analysis for each project idea. Exploration of the potential for developing at least one private sector concept note.
Activity 18.104.22.168: Compile necessary information for two Concept Notes in the agriculture and energy sectors and identification of proper Accredited Entity (matching the AE and CN) with an aim to identify potential private sector direct access entities, if existing..
Activity 22.214.171.124: Validate proposed interventions through multi-stakeholder consultations (NDA, AEs, public, private sector, CSO, members of Technical Expert Group working in frame of the GCF Coordination mechanism). At least 3 one day round tables: TEG+CSO+NDA, private sector, AEs). Gender balance shall be ensured wherever possible
Personnel concept – required expert’s qualification
1. - General qualifications:
- Educational background: An advanced degree (at least Master level or equivalent) in fields of finance, economics, or business administration or a related field. In case of Bachelor degree only, additional 5 years of carbon markets experience.
- At least 10 years professional experience working in climate finance, climate project development, and/or carbon offset projects.
- Minimum 10 years of practical experience in evaluation of risks of climate change mitigation or adaptation projects, and monitoring and evaluation (M&E) of climate change mitigation or adaptation financing.
- Participation as a project manager/task manager in at least three projects dealing with similar policy development or capacity building activities.
2. Preferred qualifications
- Experience of working with the Green Climate Fund, its investment criteria, including GCF processes, and priorities is an advantage;
- Work experience in countries of CIS and/or other developing countries.
- Work experience for major multilateral or bilateral programs or technical assistance providers.
3. Language skills:
- Fluency in English is mandatory.
- Proficiency in Russian is desired.
CVs with a cover letter with an indication of the position should be delivered to the address below by 17:00 (local time) May 20, 2022.
- Committee for Environmental Protection under the Government of the Republic of Tajikistan, 5 str.Shamsi, Dushanbe, 3rd floor, room #14
- Тел.: +992 235 44 36
key performance indicators
Required Completion Date:
1. Work Plan development
2. Deliverable 126.96.36.199 (D9): Climate finance investment gaps report for agriculture sector
3. Deliverable 188.8.131.52 (D10) Climate finance investment gaps report for energy sector, including an estimation of necessary private sector investment.
4. Deliverable 184.108.40.206 (D11):
Two pre-feasibility study reports for each of the project idea, including an estimation of necessary private sector investment.
5. Deliverable 220.127.116.11(D12): Two draft concept notes
6. Deliverable 18.104.22.168(D13): Validation workshop report; and two completed Concept Notes
1. By September 31, 2022
2. By January 31, 2023
3. By April 30, 2023
4. May 30, 2023
5. June 31, 2023
6. July 31, 2023