General Description of task(s) and objectives to be achieved
PURPOSE OF THE ASSIGNMENT
The GCF Readiness and Support Project Green, Resilient Recovery in Energy and Agriculture sectors in Tajikistan will contribute to green recovery in two priority climate change sectors, which are also of key importance to rural communities and livelihoods, i.e. energy and agriculture. The project is implemented by Committee for Environmental Protection under the Government of the Republic of Tajikistan (CEP).
The project has three objectives:
1. Development of the two National strategies/programs on green resilient recovery in agriculture and energy sectors with a focus on opportunities for most vulnerable rural communities. The strategies will complement the currently elaborated NAP and will highlight measures to restore the adaptive capacities following the pandemic and propose the recovery measures through the utilization of green and climate-smart technologies in both sectors. Carbon credit market and subsidy schemes at the national level will be considered as recovery measures for supporting energy efficiency schemes and adaptation in agriculture in rural areas.
2. Develop recommendations and market models for the creation of carbon trading as part of green recovery measures in the energy and agriculture sectors.
3. Pipeline development to support the implementation of NCCAS and enhance adaptive capacities and recovery following the pandemic, including the development of two concept notes (in the agriculture and energy sectors) that will target rural communities and assist with the development of low-carbon and climate-resilient technologies.
Projects' main beneficiaries are families and farmers living in rural areas, other beneficiaries include private companies in the energy sector, etc.
The lifespan of the project is 18 months and starts on March 2022.
Duration of assignment : 33 days until June 2023
The project will be managed (refer to Budget Project Management – PM) by a Local Consultant (Project Manager) in close cooperation with International Consultant.
Particularly, the International consultant will perform the following concrete tasks:
· Work Plan development based on the projects’ Implementation Plan
· Experts’ ToRs development
· Supervision of Local Consultant – Project Manager
· Planning the main events
· Supervision of the development of the Deliverables and approval of the Deliverables
· Supervision and finalization of the project reports
· Supervision of the projects financial management
· Carrying out any other tasks relevant to this assignment as requested by the CEP Chairman.
Personnel concept – required expert’s qualification
- Education/training: University qualification (Master) in a university degree in environmental studies, climate change policy, policy- and regional studies, management and organizational development, or other relevant fields
- Language: Good business language skills in English and a good level of Russian language (reading, speaking)
- Specific professional experience: 10 years of experience in policy and process management, proposal development, and in particular 3 years experience with GCF Readiness. Further, the consultant must be familiar with UNFCCC and the corresponding Paris Agreement and its requirements, specifically on the currently being updated Nationally Determined Contributions. Experience with GCF readiness proposal development is highly desired.
- Leadership/management experience: 6 years of management/leadership experience.
- Regional experience: Experience in Central Asia is an asset.
- Development Cooperation (DC) experience: 6 years of experience in DC projects, contribution to processes related to international agreements and conventions, e.g. UNFCCC, Paris agreement; etc
- Other: Experience in organizing participatory processes and contribution to processes related to international agreements and conventions, e.g. UNFCCC, engagement of a wide range of stakeholders from the government, civil society, academia, and the private sector.
CVs with a cover letter with an indication of the position should be delivered to the address below by 17:00 (local time) May 20, 2022.
- Committee for Environmental Protection under the Government of the Republic of Tajikistan, 5 str.Shamsi, Dushanbe, 3rd floor, room #14
- Тел.: +992 235 44 36