State supervision is excercised in accordance with the requirements of the Laws of the Republic of Tajikistan "On environmental protection", "On the protection and use of the flora", "On the fauna" and other regulatory legal acts in the field of environmental protection.
State supervision consists of:
1. Exercise of state supervision over the activities of reserves, national parks and other specially protected natural areas, forestry enterprises, hunting economies, fish economies, tourist enterprises and other types of effective use of resources of fauna and flora, recreational areas. Conservation and enrichment of the fauna and flora;
2. State supervision over the use and protection of wild animals, birds, fish stocks, tourist routes and the collection of flora by state and individuals, as well as organization of work with public inspectors;
3. Carrying out monitoring and other works on recording the number of wild animals, recording plant species listed in the Red Book of the Republic of Tajikistan;
4. State supervision over the protection and restoration of forestry and hunting, the use of fauna and flora, specially protected natural areas, recreational areas and the restoration of their resources, compliance with the established rules, terms and norms of use;
5. Control over organizations and institutions, regardless of their form of incorporation and subordination, over compliance with the requirements of laws, norms and rules of environmental protection in the field of state supervision over the use and protection of fauna, flora, fish resources, ecological tourism and specially protected natural areas during the construction of economic facilities.